Why River Cruising with Uniworld?
River cruising with Uniworld offers an unparalleled level of convenience, as you often dock right in the heart of town, mere steps away from charming squares, magnificent cathedrals, and bustling market places. You’ll never wait in long lines to get on or off the ship; you’ll never tender into port; you’ll never spend long hours wave watching on a vast ocean (which is inescapable on larger cruise ships); and you’ll never experience rough water or motion sickness—only smooth and peaceful sailing throughout your journey.
Why is Uniworld so Unique?
Since Uniworld is under The Travel Corporation umbrella, they have been able to tap into their strong buying power and resources, as well as partner with several of their sister companies, such as Red Carnation Hotels, the award-winning five-star luxury boutique hotel collection, in the areas of hospitality training and management, food and beverage services, quality control programs, and design support. With the financial backing of The Travel Corporation, Uniworld has made significant capital investments—both in new ships and product upgrades—and has a fleet of nine company-owned and operated ships, as well as several charter partnerships.
Hotel Management and Hospitality Training with Red Carnation Hotels
- Red Carnation Hotels shares their best practices, as well as provides cross-training opportunities on hotel management and hospitality development
- Uniworld hired a professionally trained and formally educated butler to further enhance the luxury service standards onboard
- Uniworld hired a world-class Food and Beverage Director who handles every aspect of food and beverage delivery
- Ongoing enhancement to the food and beverage program are always being made with the focus on using the freshest ingredients from the local ports of call, as well as employing talented chefs who come from such places as London’s five star Le Meridian Piccadilly and Relais & Chateaux Hotels
- Wine program developed by an award-wining European Sommelier based in London, England
- Extensive Yearly Cooking Summit: Visiting local markets, cooking demonstrations and workshops, menu engineering and planning, and bakery and pastry classes, including special training for all pastry chefs at the world-renowned Valhrona Chocolate School, Lyon, France
- Uniworld has developed an ongoing quality-control program to monitor all product delivery and services, including:
- Operations Team in Europe with 30 employees based in Switzerland, Holland, and France—all 100% dedicated to delivering the Uniworld product
- The Travel Corporation’s Quality Assurance
- Third-Party Mystery Shopper Program
- All of Uniworld ships have been designed and decorated by the design team from the Red Carnation Hotels
- While each ship has its own unique personality and style, they are all designed with the same signature touches—luxurious and cozy décor, classic furnishings in rich fabrics, plush leather, and modern conveniences—all of which create an inviting atmosphere for a memorable experience.
Your Stateroom - One room… a thousand views
- Handmade beds draped in the softest Egyptian combed cotton sheets, cashmere/wool blankets, and duvets. Choice of pillows, including down
- Modern amenities include a flat-screen television with satellite, generous closet space, vanity with make-up mirror, hair dryer, individually controlled air-conditioning, direct-dial telephone, personal safe, and complimentary bottled water on all European ships
- Beautiful bathrooms fitted with lavish robes, exquisite L'Occitane bath and body amenities, and luxurious towels from Christies of Manchester, the most renowned towel maker in Europe
- Marble bathrooms on most ships*
- Suites offer extra space, including sitting areas with sofas and chairs; floor-to-ceiling windows; and, on select ships, French balconies
- All riverview staterooms and suites are serviced twice a day
- Unpack once and make yourself at home!
Dine in the only Zagat-rated restaurants on the river
On their boutique ships, meals are truly a feast for all the senses. From the delicious bouquet of a glass of perfectly aged pinot noir, to the inviting sight of candlelit tables draped in fine linen, to the pleasant sounds of friends engaged in intimate conversation, to the delicious flavor of each savory dish, Uniworld’s dining experiences have been designed to delight you. They are committed to going the extra mile to provide their guests with a truly remarkable dining experience, and they were recently acknowledged in ZAGAT* Survey for “Top in Dining”—the only river cruise company recognized with the “best of the best” in the cruise industry.
However, they are not content to rest on their laurels, so to take their food and beverage program to even greater heights, they hired Global Master Chef Bernhard Zorn, a 30-year industry veteran, as Uniworld’s new Culinary Director. Chef Zorn leads his team of executive chefs in preparing a parade of culinary delights using only the freshest ingredients, which are often brought onboard daily from local farmers markets.
Sumptuous buffets at breakfast and lunch offer an extensive array of hot and cold selections. Breakfast features crispy Belgian waffles topped with whipped cream and warm maple syrup, a dozen or more homemade breads and jams, an omelet station, and hand-cut seasonal fresh fruit. Lunch offers a delectable feast with salads, soups, carved-to-order roasts, and more. Evenings provide exquisite ambience with relaxed open seating. Each dish is flawlessly prepared using the finest ingredients—local meats and seafood along with tasty side dishes. Always included with dinner onboard are European fine wines and a selection of beer and soft drinks served by an attentive, caring staff. Of course, every meal concludes with a wide range of freshly prepared, decadent desserts that look every bit as delicious as they taste.
Uniworld also provides a variety of dining experiences including: al fresco “under the stars” and light-lunch dining—both on the sun deck; Captain’s Welcome Gala and Farewell Dinner; early-riser breakfast; and afternoon tea. Plus, Uniworld gives you the choice of dining on lighter cuisine with our Traveling Lite menu.
Uniworld spices up 2011 cruises with the Epicurean Adventurer Program
Uniworld offers lovers of food and wine an added-value to their river cruise with the Epicurean Adventurer Program. This program is designed to take guests deeper into the wonderful world of wine and its relationship with food.
Service - No request too large, no detail too small
At Uniworld, they treat their guests as one might treat one’s best friends and family, which means “no request too large, no detail too small.” Since Uniworld is a proud part of The Travel Corporation, a family-run business, treating their guests—and their team of staff members—as an extension of their family comes naturally.
Uniworld does all of this because they truly care about creating harmony both onboard and onshore in order to bring joy to the guests and ensure that everyone has the most memorable experience possible. This is their commitment to the guests, their staff, and their environment.
Uniworld's "Points of Distinction"
- The only river cruise company to offer authentic “boutique cruising”
- The unsurpassed style and elegance of Europe’s best river cruise ships
- A USD $100,000,000-plus investment in five new ships and the remodeling of the entire existing European fleet between 2009–2010
- An average ship capacity of just 130 guests
- Luxuriously appointed riverview staterooms—many with French balconies, handcrafted Savoir® beds draped in fine linens, flat-screen televisions with satellite, and fine amenities
- Bathrooms stocked with L’Occitane bath and body products and comfy robes
- Exclusive services and amenities in all suites
- A certified Global Master Chef leading a professional culinary team in the preparation of gourmet cuisine using the freshest ingredients, which are often brought onboard from local farmers markets
- A distinctive wine program developed by Red Carnation Hotels’ renowned sommelier from their Relais & Châteaux member hotels
- Complimentary fine European wines, choice of beer, and soft drinks during dinner onboard; bottled water in staterooms; and a 24-hour specialty coffee and tea bar
- A variety of dining experiences: al fresco dining “under the stars” on the sun deck, light-lunch in lounge, Captain’s Welcome Gala and Farewell Dinners, early-riser breakfast, and afternoon tea
- The best onboard and onshore staff in the industry, with decades of experience
- Their very own dedicated European Operations Team, which controls all aspects of product delivery, including onboard nautical and hospitality programs and all onshore programs
- Fastidious internal Quality Assurance programs with extensive training for all staff, along with ship inspections and third-party mystery shoppers, to ensure their guests always receive the highest-quality service
- Captivating and always-included shore excursions—many exclusive to Uniworld—hosted by English-speaking local guides who use state-of-the-art Quietvox portable headset systems
- Insightful onboard Signature Lectures
- Exclusive Epicurean Adventurer Program on 16 itineraries
- Airport transfers on arrival and departure days
Take a Virtual Tour of the River Beatrice
View Uniworld's 2011 Electronic Brochure
As you can see above Uniworld is very different from all other river cruise lines because of it's partnership with Red Carnation Hotel's. Uniworld, together with Red Carnation Hotels, has totally redefined a new level of river cruising. They call it boutique cruising and they are the only cruise company that offers this experience. What are you waiting for? Take a look at River Cruising. What a great way to visit the world with your mom & dad or your grandmother or grandfather! Are you part of a group who loves history, art, wine, Christmas Markets or the traditions of other countries throughout the world? If you are, then River Cruising is for you! If you have any questions let me know. I would love to help you plan your next journey on a river cruise! Until we unite again remember to always love your Travel Agent. He needs lots of love, plus he is a real nice guy! Remember that my services, research and recommendations are always No Charge! If you know someone who travels send them my way. If you have a group who wants to travel together let me know and you could travel for free. Traveling in a group is always more fun when you all share like interests! You know you will be taken care of. Keep your Cruisitude in check and most important is to Travel Your Way!